page contents

Call for answers over freezing death man

Please follow and like us:
Image caption Jeremy Barnard informed the BBC he desired somebody held liable following his bro’s death

A male who passed away 18 hours after the authorities looked out he was at threat needs to have been examined, his bro has actually stated.

Tony Barnard, 57, was discovered dead in freezing conditions by neighbours outside the house in Lowestoft, Suffolk he had actually been forced out from.

Concerns were raised on 27 December and his body was discovered the next day.

His bro Jeremy stated an apology from the authorities associated with his last hours would not be “sufficient”.

“I am ravaged he passed away on his own,” he stated.

‘Frozen to death’

“Someone ought to have gone round to look at him. It’s dreadful.”

The case emerged after Mr Barnard’s death was highlighted by an ambulance service whistleblower, with it being thought he had actually “adhered death”.

The BBC has actually gotten a copy of his death certificate, which revealed the cause of death was a cardiovascular disease, heart problem and colon cancer.

Suffolk Police validated it had actually referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) over its handling of the case.

The matter was likewise raised at Prime Minister’s Questions in your house of Commons after criticism of the action by the East of England Ambulance Service.

Image caption One of Anthony Barnard’s neighbours called 999 after seeing him in the back garden

Jeremy Barnard informed the BBC he desired somebody held liable.

“I do not believe sorry suffices,” he stated.

“The cops understood he had actually been kicked out. They didn’t understand if he was ill or whether he was going to trigger damage.”

However, Mr Barnard stated he did not desire the ambulance service or cops to be “called to account” for exactly what occurred.

His issue he stated, rested with the handling of the call.

“The ambulance were telephoned and I comprehend it was talked back to the cops and they decided not to do anything,” he stated.

‘Sitting outside’

Concerns about Mr Barnard were very first raised with social services, who referred the call to the cops. Officers then got in touch with the ambulance service.

It stated the call, got at 15:46 GMT on 27 December, was a “report of issues for a male who was mindful and breathing and sitting outdoors at an address in Lowestoft”.

“We were notified he had no apparent injuries or medical problem and, following triage, the call was categorised as a non-emergency call not needing a reaction,” an ambulance service representative stated.

The father-of-two was discovered outside in temperature levels as low as minus 3 on 28 December after a 2nd 999 call by neighbours. Mr Barnard was not breathing.

The paramedic quick action “went to in 8 minutes”.

Donated bone marrow

Suffolk Coroner’s Office validated there would be no inquest.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct stated: “Our examination will analyze the call-handling and authorities action to these calls.”

Tony Barnard was separated and relied on consume after set-backs in his life, inning accordance with his sibling.

More than 30 years ago he contributed bone marrow to another sibling who was experiencing leukaemia, however it cannot conserve him.

Three months prior to he was discovered dead, Mr Barnard had actually been kicked out from his house after being made insolvent.

Read more:

Please follow and like us:
Back to top
%d bloggers like this: