- Additional information
- How to Use
- Product Details
- Side Effects
- How to store
- Patient Information Leaflet
Aspirin Cardio 100mg Tablets, 30 Tablets
Bayer Aspirin Cardio 100 is a reliable and effective way to reduce the risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, and other cardiovascular problems. This medication is indicated for use in patients with unstable angina or who have had a previous myocardial infarction. It can also be used to reduce the risk of recurrent transient ischaemic attacks or stroke in men who have had transient ischaemia of the brain due to fibrin platelet emboli. Additionally, Bayer Aspirin Cardio 100mg can be used to reduce the risk of graft occlusion following aortocoronary by-pass surgery. For people with cardiovascular risk factors, this medication can help to reduce the risk of my
Can someone who is pregnant or breastfeeding use Aspirin Cardio 100mg Tablets?
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding. Aspirin Cardio 100mg Tablets is not recommended.
Aspirin Cardio 100mg Tablets Reviews
After using Aspirin Cardio 100mg Tablets, it’s helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received have helped the condition it is claimed for, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is the price of Aspirin Cardio 100mg Tablets in Nigeria?
The price of Aspirin Cardio 100mg Tablets is N2,250
Where can you buy Aspirin Cardio 100mg Tablets In Nigeria?
You can Buy Aspirin Cardio 100mg Tablets at Asset Pharmacy Lagos Nigeria, Nigeria’s Largest Online Pharmacy.
How to Use
How to use Aspirin Cardio 100mg
100 to 300 mg to be taken every day, preferably at the same time each day:
– To reduce the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with unstable angina or in patients who have had a previous myocardial infarction.
– To reduce the risk of recurrent transient ischaemic attacks or stroke in men who have had transient ischaemia of the brain due to fibrin platelet emboli.
– To reduce the risk of graft occlusion following aortocoronary by-pass surgery.
The tablets should be swallowed whole.
Do not chew, break or crush the tablets as this will destroy the protective effect of the enteric coating.
100 mg to be taken every day, preferably at the same time each day:
– For reducing the risk of myocardial ischaemic events in people with cardiovascular risk factors.
Product Information of Aspirin Cardio 100mg
– Hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid, to other salicylates, or to any other components of the product – A history of asthma induced by the administration of salicylates or substances with a similar action, notably non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines. – Acute gastrointestinal ulcers – Haemorrhagic diathesis – Severe renal impairment – Severe hepatic impairment – Severe cardiac failure – Combination with methotrexate at doses of 15 mg/week or more (see “Interactions”) – Last trimester of pregnancy (see “Pregnancy & Lactation”) WARNINGS: Bayer Aspirin Cardio 100 should be used with particular caution in the following cases: – hypersensitivity to analgesics,/ anti-inflammatory agents/ antirheumatic medicinal products and in the presence of other allergies. – history of gastro-intestinal ulcers including chronic or recurrent ulcer disease or history of gastro-intestinal bleedings – with concomitant treatment with anticoagulants (see Interactions) – impaired renal function; – impaired hepatic function; – ibuprofen may interfere with the acetylsalicylic acid’s inhibitory effect on platelet aggregation. Patients should tell their doctor if they are on a Bayer Aspirin Cardio 100 regimen and take ibuprofen for pain. Bayer Aspirin Cardio 100 may precipitate bronchospasm and induce asthma attacks and other hypersensitivity reactions. Risk factors are: pre-existing asthma, hay fever, nasal polyps, or chronic respiratory disease. This also applies to patients exhibiting allergic reactions (e.g. cutaneous reactions, itching, urticaria) to other substances. Due to its inhibitory effect on platelet aggregation which persists for several days after administration, Bayer Aspirin Cardio 100 may lead to an increased bleeding tendency during and after surgical operations (including minor surgeries, e.g. dental extractions). At low doses, acetylsalicylic acid reduces the excretion of uric acid. This can possibly trigger gout attacks in predisposed patients. Acetylsalicylic acid containing products should not be used in children and adolescents for viral infections with or without fever without consulting a physician. In certain viral illnesses, especially influenzae A, influenzae B and varicella, there is a risk of Reye’s syndrome, a very rare but possibly life-threatening illness requiring immediate medical action. The risk may be increased when Bayer Aspirin Cardio 100 is given concomitantly. 3 PMR….SA2/072010/CCDS4 Should persistent vomiting occur with such diseases, this may be a sign of Reye’s syndrome. INTERACTIONS Contraindicated Interactions: Methotrexate used at doses of 15 mg/week or more: Increased haematological toxicity of methotrexate (decreased renal clearance of methotrexate by antiinflammatory agents in general and displacement of methotrexate from its plasma protein binding by salicylates) (see“Contraindications”). Combinations requiring precautions for use: Methotrexate, used at doses of less than 15 mg/week: Increased haematological toxicity of methotrexate (decreased renal clearance of methotrexate by anti-inflammatory agents in general and displacement of methotrexate from its plasma protein binding by salicylates). Ibuprofen: The concomitant administration of ibuprofen antagonizes the irreversible platelet inhibition induced by acetylsalicylic acid. Treatment with ibuprofen in patients with increased cardiovascular risk may limit the cardioprotective effects of Bayer Aspirin Cardio 100. Anticoagulants, thrombolytics/other inhibitors of platelet aggregation/hemostasis: Increased risk of bleeding. Other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines with salicylates at high doses : Increased risk of ulcers and gastrointestinal bleeding due to synergistic effect. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs): Increased risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to possibly synergistic effect Digoxin: Plasma concentrations of digoxin are increased due to a decrease in renal excretion Antidiabetics, e.g. insulin, sulphonylureas: Increased hypoglycemic effect by high doses of acetylsalicylic acid via hypoglycaemic action of acetylsalicylic acid and displacement of sulfonylurea from its plasma protein binding Diuretics in combination with acetylsalicylic acid at higher doses: Decreased glomerular filtration via decreased renal prostaglandin synthesis. Systemic glucocorticoids, except hydrocortisone used as replacement therapy in Addison’s disease: Decreased blood salicylate levels during corticosteroid treatment and risk of salicylate overdose after this treatment is stopped via increased elimination of salicylates by corticosteroids. 4 PMR….SA2/072010/CCDS4 Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE) in combination with acetylsalicylic acid at higher doses: Decreased glomerular filtration via inhibition of vasodilator prostaglandins. Furthermore, decreased antihypertensive effect. Valproic acid: Increased toxicity of valproic acid due to displacement from protein binding sites. Alcohol: Increased damage to gastro-intestinal mucosa and prolonged bleeding time due to additive effects of acetylsalicylic acid and alcohol Uricosurics such as benzbromarone, probenecid: Decreased uricosuric effect (competition of renal tubular uric acid elimination). PREGNANCY AND LACTION: Pregnancy Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis may adversely affect the pregnancy and/or the embryo/fœtal development. During the first and second trimester of pregnancy, acetyl salicylic acid containing medicines are not recommended. During the third trimester of pregnancy, all prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors may expose the foetus to: – cardiopulmonary toxicity (with premature closure of the ductus arteriosus and pulmonary hypertension); – renal dysfunction, which may progress to renal failure with oligo-hydroamniosis; the mother and the child, at the end of pregnancy, to: – possible prolongation of bleeding time, an anti-aggregating effect which may occur even after very low doses – inhibition of uterine contractions resulting in delayed or prolonged labour Consequently, Bayer Aspirin Cardio 100 is contraindicated during the third trimester of pregnancy. Lactation Salicylates and its metabolites pass into breastmilk in small quantities. Safety is unproven. When regular use of Bayer Aspirin Cardio 100 is indicated, breastfeeding should be discontinued. DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE: 100 to 300 mg to be taken every day, preferably at the same time each day: – To reduce the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with unstable angina or in patients who have had a previous myocardial infarction. 5 PMR….SA2/072010/CCDS4 – To reduce the risk of recurrent transient ischaemic attacks or stroke in men who have had transient ischaemia of the brain due to fibrin platelet emboli. – To reduce the risk of graft occlusion following aortocoronary by-pass surgery. The tablets should be swallowed whole. Do not chew, break or crush the tablets as this will destroy the protective effect of the enteric coating. 100 mg to be taken every day, preferably at the same time each day: – For reducing the risk of myocardial ischaemic events in people with cardiovascular risk factors.
Side Effects of Aspirin Cardio 100mg
SIDE EFFECTS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS:
Upper and lower gastrointestinal tract disorders such as common signs and symptoms of dyspepsia, gastrointestinal and abdominal pain, rarely gastrointestinal inflammation, gastrointestinal ulcer. There have been reports of gastrointestinal ulcer hemorrhage and perforation, with the respective laboratory and clinical signs and symptoms. Due to its inhibitory effect on platelets, Bayer Aspirin Cardio 100 may be associated with an increased risk of bleeding. Bleedings, such as perioperative hemorrhage, hematomas, epistaxis, urogenital bleedings, gingival bleedings, have been observed. Rare to very rare serious bleedings, such as gastrointestinal tract hemorrhage, cerebral hemorrhage (especially in patients with uncontrolled hypertension and/or on concomitant antihemostatic agents), which in single cases may be potentially life-threatening, have been reported (see “Warnings”). Hemorrhage may result in acute and chronic posthemorrhagic anaemia / iron-deficiency anaemia (due to e.g. occult microbleeding) with respective laboratory and clinical signs and symptoms, such as asthenia, pallor, hypoperfusion. Hypersensitivity reactions with respective laboratory and clinical manifestations include asthma syndrome, mild to moderate reactions potentially affecting skin, respiratory tract, gastrointestinal tract, and cardiovascular system, including symptoms such as rash, urticaria, oedema, pruritus, rhinitis, nasal congestion cardiorespiratory distress, and very rarely severe reactions, including anaphylactic shock. Transient hepatic impairment with increase in liver transaminases has very rarely been reported. KNOWN SYMPTOMS OF OVERDOSAGE AND PARTICULARS OF ITS TREATMENT. Poisoning must be feared in the elderly and above all in young children (therapeutic overdose or frequent accidental poisoning) in whom it may be fatal. Symptomatology: Moderate poisoning: Nausea, vomiting, tinnitus, feeling of impaired hearing, headache, vertigo, and mental confusion are observed in case of overdose and can be controlled by a dosage reduction. 6 PMR….SA2/072010/CCDS4 Severe poisoning: Fever, hyperventilation, ketosis, respiratory alkalosis, metabolic acidosis, coma, cardiovascular shock, respiratory failure, severe hypoglycaemia.
Product Ingredients of Aspirin Cardio 100mg
The active ingredient is 100mg Acetylsalicylic acid per tablet.
Excipients are: cellulose, maize starch, methacrylic acid- ethyl acrylate copolymer, talc, triethyl citrate, sodium lauryl sulphate, polysorbate 80
How to store
How to store Aspirin Cardio 100mg
STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS: Store below 25°C. Keep out of reach of children.
Patient Information Leaflet
Delievry time are estimates. Can vary due to the time of day you order.
Delivery time estimate are subject to the courier company.
Shipping to Lagos cost starts from N1850 Next day delivery
Shipping to Rest Of Nigeria – 2-3 days cost starts from N2000
Shipping to Rest of Africa – 5-7 working days Cost starts from N12000
Shipping to Europe 7 – 14 working days Cost srats from N18000
Shipping to Rest of the world – 7 – 14 days Cost starts from N18000