Immun-Activ is a specially formulated blend of vitamins and micro-nutrients that aid in several body functions, contains Zinc, High strength Vitamin C and Selenium. All these work synergistically to perform several vital functions that improve the health and well-being of the human body.
VITAMIN C- 1000MG
Vitamin C is a strong anti-oxidant which reduces the body’s resistance against certain pathogens. It stimulates the immune system by enhancing the strength and protection of the body.
In addition to protecting the immune system, vitamin C also reduces the severity of various allergies and fights off infections. It achieves this by enhancing T-cell proliferation in response to the infection. It has also been found that individuals suffering from wounds could accelerate their healing process by an optimal dose of vitamin C. The nutrient has improved the quality of the newly synthesized collagen, thereby quickening the process of wound healing.
ZINC – 15MG
Zinc, a nutrient found throughout your body, helps your immune system and metabolism function. Zinc is also important to wound healing and your sense of taste and smell. With a varied diet, your body usually gets enough zinc.
According to the European Journal of Immunology, the human body needs zinc to activate T lymphocytes (T cells).
T cells help the body in two ways:
- controlling and regulating immune responses
- attacking infected or cancerous cells
Zinc deficiency can severely impair immune system function.
According to a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, “zinc-deficient persons experience increased susceptibility to a variety of pathogens.
SELENIUM – 100mcg
Selenium is one of several nutrients known to have antioxidant properties, meaning selenium plays a part in chemical reactions that stop free radicals from damaging cells and DNA.
Free radicals are unstable molecules from environmental toxins, or from byproducts of the human body’s metabolism. Antioxidant supplements, including selenium, are often touted to help prevent to heart disease, cancer and vision loss.
Selenium in particular helps people with asthma, and reduces the risk of rheumatoid arthritis and cardiovascular disease. Selenium levels drop with age, so some have claimed selenium can slow the aging process, cognitive decline and dementia.
Selenium is an essential trace mineral that assists with cognitive function and fertility. Selenium may help prevent cardiovascular disease, thyroid problems, cognitive decline, which means disorders related to thinking, cancer, and others.
BENEFITS OF IMMUN-ACTIV
- Enhances the performance of the immune system: Zinc is known to play a central role in the immune system, and zinc-deficient persons experience increased susceptibility to a variety of pathogens. Zinc is crucial for normal development and function of cells that control immunity such as neutrophils and natural killer cells.
Selenium; plays an important role in inflammation and immunity. Adequate levels of Selenium are important for initiating immunity, but they are also involved in regulating excessive immune responses and chronic inflammation.
Zinc, selenium and Vitamin C act synergistically on the immune system and engages it in fighting infections like upper respiratory tract infections and other severe infections
- Improves skin health: Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) has an important role in collagen syntheses which make it a vital molecule for skin health. Dietary ascorbic acid has beneficial effects on skin cells, and some studies have shown that vitamin C may help prevent and treat ultraviolet (UV)-induced photodamage
Zinc is a trace mineral which promotes clear skin by regulating your hormonal balance and giving your skin some much needed vitamin A. It is particularly important for those with acne as it helps the process of cell growth and replication. Selenium is also a mineral and it ensures skin remains firm and protected.
- Improves male fertility and erectile dysfunction: Adequate zinc intake is one of the cornerstones of male fertility. Observational studies show that low zinc status or deficiency is associated with low testosterone levels, poor sperm quality and an increased risk of male infertility. Zinc is vital to the development and function of the male sex organs. Males with zinc deficiency have been shown to have less developed testes and reduced sperm count. Zinc may be used as a potential treatment for ED. Zinc helps produce key sex hormones, such as testosterone and prolactin
In a double-blind study of infertile men with reduced sperm motility, supplementation with selenium (100 mcg per day for three months) significantly increased sperm motility. Low selenium in testis appears to underlie the impaired male fertility.
Selenium is essential for spermatogenesis and is very important in enhancing male fertility. Selenium is essential for sperm function. Selenium contributes to the morphology of sperm as well as its motility, which means selenium not only helps sperm cells grow to a good size and shape, but also helps them to swim, which are key factors in normal conception.
Erectile dysfunction has been found in recent years to be a symptom of zinc deficiency. Low levels of zinc can be the cause for a variety of health-related problems. Zinc also enables the male body to produce testosterone. Because of this, your levels of zinc may affect erectile dysfunction
- Improves mental and cognitive function: Immun-Activ contains Selenium, which is essential for mental health, a healthy metabolism and healthy thyroid function. Insufficient levels of selenium might contribute to depression, persistent low mood, and negative thoughts.
Zinc is a key modulator of signaling that is found in high levels in the brain particularly the hippocampus, considered as the area involved in learning and memory, and in the amygdala, striatum and neocortex.
Vitamin C plays a role in the differentiation and maturation of neurons and in the formation of the myelin sheath that protects them and speeds impulse transmission, making the vitamin crucial to cognitive performance
- Improves prostrate function: The concentration of zinc in the prostate is higher than that of any other soft tissue in the body. A large body of literature supports a protective role for zinc with regard to prostate cancer progression. Zinc has been found to inhibit prostate cancer cell line growth and invasion.
Men with long-term vitamin C supplementation have a 21% reduced risk of prostate cancer
- Improves heart health
- May improve the immunity in Immuno-compromised patients:
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.