Covonia Dry Cough Sugar Free Formula
Covonia Dry Cough Sugar Free Formula.
An oral liquid for the relief of troublesome dry or irritating coughs.
Frequently Bought Together
How to use
SHAKE THE BOTTLE. Take the solution by mouth.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years:
Take one or two 5ml spoonfuls, three or four times a day. Do not give more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE.
Do not give to your children under 12 unless your doctor tells you to.
Do not take with other cough and cold medicines.
If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
Store in a cool place.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
This product contains pholcodine, which reduces the desire to cough. It relieves dry coughs which are without phlegm.
1. Before you use this medicine
Do not use the medicine if you or your child have?.
• An allergy to any of the ingredients listed.
• Liver disease
• Shallow breath or breathing difficulties
• Chest problems or chest infections for a long time
• An asthma attack.
• Taken MAOI?s (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) for depression within the last two weeks.
• Or your child is under 12 years old.
Talk to your doctor if you or your child have?.
• Kidney problems
• Liver problems
• A history of asthma or other breathing problems including bronchitis.
• A cough for a long time or a cough which produces a lot of phlegm.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you or your child are taking?.
• Medicine for high blood pressure, e.g. ACE inhibitors, beta blockers.
• Diuretics, which help remove water from the body, e.g. furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide.
• Medicines used to treat sleeplessness, anxiety and schizophrenia.
• Alcohol or tranquillisers Pain Killers, e.g. morphine.
• Or are having surgery, as muscle relaxants used may react with this medicine.
Pregnant or breastfeeding?.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant, might be pregnant or are breastfeeding. This medicine should not be used unless the doctor has told you to do so. If you use it when breastfeeding, pholcodine in this medicine will be present in small amounts in your milk.
Driving and using machines?.
This medicine may cause drowsiness. If you are affected do not drive or operate machinery.
2. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Covonia Dry Cough Sugar-Free Formula can have side effects, although these don?t affect everyone.
Important side effects
• If you get any of these side effects stop use immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
• Allergic reactions which cause difficulty in breathing
• Swelling of the mouth, lips or skin
• Severe rashes and itching
Other possible side effects are:
• Feeling or being sick
• Feeling excited or confused
• Failure to cough up phlegm
If you notice these or any other side effects not listed stop use and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
3. Further information
If you accidentally take too much see a doctor straight away. Take the pack with you to show which medicine you have swallowed.
• Do not use after the expiry date. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Return any unused medicine to the pharmacy for disposal.