Frequently Bought Together
- How to Use
- Product Details
- Side Effects
- How to store
- Patient Information Leaflet
Zovirax Cold Sore Cream, 2g
Introducing Zovirax Cold Sore Cream, the fast-acting solution for cold sore relief. If you experience the first signs of a cold sore – tingling and itching – don’t wait any longer to treat it. Apply Zovirax Cold Sore Cream and get on with your day. Not only does this cream help speed up healing, but it also contains aciclovir, an antiviral agent that helps reduce the duration and severity of symptoms.
What is a Cold sore?
A cold sore is an infection that is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV), which lies dormant in nerve cells supplying your lips and the surrounding skin.
When does the first infection occur?
The first infection usually occurs in early childhood, probably after being kissed by a person with the infection. The virus passes through the skin, travels up a nerve and stays in a nerve junction indefinitely.
What can trigger the virus?
Various things, including colds, ‘flu, menstruation, fatigue, emotional upset, stress, physical injury, bright sunlight and simply when you are feeling ‘run down’. Once triggered, the virus travels back down the nerve to the skin on and around the lips where it causes the cold sore to develop.
Remember – cold sores are infectious
The virus is capable of infecting other parts of the body. To reduce the risk of passing the infection on, do not allow others to touch your cold sore, or to share your towel, etc. You should avoid kissing and oral sex if you or your partner has an active cold sore. Always wash your hands before and after touching cold sores.
• Avoid touching your eyes. HSV infection of the eye can lead to ulcers on the window of the eye (cornea).
• Avoid kissing – especially children – when you have a cold sore.
• Don’t break the blisters or pick the scabs. Not only could you infect your cold sore with other germs, you may infect your fingers with the virus.
• Don’t share your eating and drinking utensils.
Can someone who is pregnant or breastfeeding use Zovirax Cold Sore Cream?
This product is not suitable for pregnant or breast feeding women.
Zovirax Cold Sore Cream Reviews
After using Zovirax Cold Sore Cream, it’s helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received have helped the condition it is claimed for, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is the price of Zovirax Cold Sore Cream in Nigeria?
The price of Zovirax Cold Sore Cream is N6,200
Where can you buy Zovirax Cold Sore Cream In Nigeria?
How to Use
How to use Zovirax Cold Sore Cream
Suitable for all ages:
- Apply at the first signs of a cold sore (such as tingling and itching).
- • Apply liberally to the affected area 5 times a day.
- • Continue treatment for 4 days. If your cold sore hasn’t healed after this time, you can use the cream for up to 10 days in total.
- • Treat your cold sore for 4 full days to ensure rapid healing.
- • If you forget a dose, apply when you remember and continue as before.
- • If your cold sore hasn’t healed fully after 10 days, or if it gets worse at any time, contact your doctor.
- • Never give your Zovirax to others, even if their symptoms are the same as yours.
- • The amount of cream inside this pack is enough for one cold sore attack. For any future attacks, start treatment at the first signs of a cold sore developing (such as tingling or itching). It can also be started during the blister stage. • Do not use more than the recommended dose.
Product Information of Zovirax Cold Sore Cream
Take special care with Zovirax
- Always wash your hands before and after applying Zovirax. • Do not touch your eyes until you have washed your hands after application. • If you accidentally get cream in your eye, wash out thoroughly with warm water. Consult your doctor if you are concerned. • Do not swallow the cream. If you accidentally swallow any cream, it is unlikely to cause any ill effects but consult your doctor if you are concerned. • Avoid touching a cold sore to prevent transferring the infection or making it worse. • If you have been told by your doctor that you have a weakened immune system, contact your doctor before treating any type of infection. • If you are in any doubt if you have a cold sore, contact your doctor. • If your cold sore gets very severe, contact your doctor. • Tell your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any regular medication on prescription or over the counter products.
- Pregnancy and breast feeding Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Zovirax if you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
Side Effects of Zovirax Cold Sore Cream
Like all medicines, Zovirax can have side effects, but not everybody gets them.
Stop using the medicine and tell your doctor if you experience:
• Allergy-like reactions, for example swelling of the lips, face and eyelids
The following side effects could also occur:
• Mild burning or stinging after application. This will quickly go away.
• Redness, itching or a mild drying or flaking of the skin, skin rashes, hives or weals.
Product Ingredients of Zovirax Cold Sore Cream
Active ingredient 5% w/w Aciclovir.
Other ingredients Dimeticone, propylene glycol, poloxamer 407, cetostearyl alcohol,
sodium laurilsulfate, white soft paraffin, liquid paraffin, arlacel 165 (glycerol
monostearate, macrogol stearate 100) and purified water.
How to store
How to store Zovirax Cold Sore Cream
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after ‘EXP’ date shown on the pack.
Do not store above 25°C but do not keep it in a refrigerator.