Canesten Hydrocortisone Cream 30g
Canesten Hydrocortisone Cream. This triple action treatment is an anti-fungal and an anti-bacterial cream, plus it has anti-inflammatory properties
Canesten HC cream contains two active ingredients, clotrimazole and hydrocortisone. Clotrimazole is an antifungal medicine used to treat infections with fungi and yeasts. Hydrocortisone is a corticosteroid medicine that is applied to the skin to relieve the symptoms of inflammation.
Canesten Hydrocortisone Cream Use
Skin infections caused by yeasts (eg Candida), dermatophytes (eg Trichophyton, Tinea), moulds and other fungi, such as those listed below, when rapid relief from inflammation and itching is also needed:
- Athlete\’s foot (tinea pedis).
- Fungal infection of the groin, ie jock itch (tinea cruris).
- Ringworm (tinea corporis).
- Fungal nappy rash caused by infection with Candida albicans.
- Sweat rash caused by infection with Candida albicans.
- Relieving the external symptoms (candidal vulvitis) of vaginal thrush (candidal vaginitis). (This cream should be used in combination with another medicine that treats the infection inside your vagina – ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice about which products to use.)
- Inflammation of the penis and/or foreskin (candidal balanitis) caused by infection with Candida albicans (also known as thrush).