Frequently Bought Together
- Additional information
- How to Use
- Product Details
- Side Effects
- Patient Information Leaflet
- Prescription Product
Norvasc 10mg Amlodipine 10mg Tablets, 30 Tablets
What Norvasc 10mg is and what it is used for?
Norvasc 10mg contains the active substance amlodipine which belongs to a group of medicines called calcium antagonists.
Norvasc 10mg is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) or a certain type of chest pain called angina, a rare form of which is Prinzmetal’s or variant angina.
In patients with high blood pressure, Norvasc 5mg works by relaxing blood vessels, so that blood passes through them more easily. In patients with angina Istin works by improving blood supply to the heart muscle which then receives more oxygen and as a result chest pain is prevented. This medicine does not provide immediate relief of chest pain from angina.
What is High Blood Pressure?
High blood pressure often has little or no symptoms. But if untreated, it increases your risk of serious problems such as heart attacks and strokes which can have a devastating impact on quality of life. Around one third (33%) adults in the Nigeria are believed to have high levels without knowing about it because they do not experience any discomfort when resting; however this may change for some people who become more active than usual due to work stressors like anxiety at night time before bedtime etc.. The only way you will know whether or not your own personalised level falls into this category would be by having an assessment done through testing methods including purchasing medicine over-the counter from stores.
Blood pressure is recorded with 2 numbers. The systolic pressure (higher number) is the force at which your heart pumps blood around your body.
The diastolic pressure (lower number) is the resistance to the blood flow in the blood vessels.
They’re both measured in millimetres of mercury (mmHg).
As a general guide:
- high blood pressure is considered to be 140/90mmHg or higher (or 150/90mmHg or higher if you’re over the age of 80)
- ideal blood pressure is usually considered to be between 90/60mmHg and 120/80mmHg
Blood pressure readings between 120/80mmHg and 140/90mmHg could mean you’re at risk of developing high blood pressure if you do not take steps to keep your blood pressure under control.
Everyone’s blood pressure will be slightly different. What’s considered low or high for you may be normal for someone else.
If your blood pressure is too high, it puts extra strain on your blood vessels, heart and other organs, such as the brain, kidneys and eyes.
Persistent high blood pressure can increase your risk of a number of serious and potentially life-threatening health conditions, such as:
- heart disease
- heart attacks
- heart failure
- peripheral arterial disease
- aortic aneurysms
- kidney disease
- vascular dementia
If you have high blood pressure, reducing it even a small amount can help lower your risk of these health conditions.
It’s not always clear what causes high blood pressure, but there are things that can increase your risk.
You might be more at risk if you:
- are overweight
- eat too much salt and do not eat enough fruit and vegetables
- do not do enough exercise
- drink too much alcohol or coffee (or other caffeine-based drinks)
- do not get much sleep or have disturbed sleep
- are over 65
- have a relative with high blood pressure
- are of black African or black Caribbean descent
- live in a deprived area
Making healthy lifestyle changes can sometimes help reduce your chances of getting high blood pressure and help lower your blood pressure if it’s already high.
Norvasc 10mg Tablets Reviews
After using Norvasc 10mg Tablets, it’s helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received have helped the condition it is claimed for, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is the price of Norvasc 1mg Tablets in Nigeria
The price of Norvasc 10mg Tablets is N4300
Where can you buy Norvasc 1mg In Nigeria?
You can Buy Norvasc 10mg Tablets at Asset Pharmacy Lagos Nigeria, Nigeria’s Largest Online Pharmacy.
How to Use
How to use Norvasc 10mg Tablets
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your
doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended initial dose is Norvasc 5 mg once daily. The dose can be increased to Norvasc 10 mg
This medicine can be used before or after food and drinks. You should take this medicine at the
same time each day with a drink of water. Do not take Norvasc with grapefruit juice.
Use in children and adolescents
For children and adolescents (6-17 years old), the recommended usual starting dose is 2.5 mg a
day. The maximum recommended dose is 5 mg a day. Norvasc 5 mg tablets can be divided into
halves to provide a 2.5 mg dose.
It is important to keep taking the tablets. Do not wait until your tablets are finished before seeing
If you take more Norvasc than you should
Taking too many tablets may cause your blood pressure to become low or even dangerously low.
You may feel dizzy, lightheaded, faint or weak. If blood pressure drop is severe enough shock
can occur. Your skin could feel cool and clammy and you could lose consciousness. Seek
immediate medical attention if you take too many Istin tablets.
If you forget to take Istin
Do not worry. If you forget to take a tablet, leave out that dose completely. Take your next dose
at the right time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you stop taking Norvasc
Your doctor will advise you how long to take this medicine. Your condition may return if you
stop using this medicine before you are advised.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
What you need to know before you take Norvasc 10mg
Do not take Norvasc
• If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to amlodipine, or any of the other ingredients of this
medicine listed in section 6, or to any other calcium antagonists. This may be itching,
reddening of the skin or difficulty in breathing.
• If you have severe low blood pressure (hypotension).
•If you have narrowing of the aortic heart valve (aortic stenosis) or cardiogenic shock (a
condition where your heart is unable to supply enough blood to the body).
•If you suffer from heart failure after a heart attack.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Norvasc
You should inform your doctor if you have or have had any of the following conditions:
Page 2 of 7
• Recent heart attack
• Heart failure
• Severe increase in blood pressure (Hypertensive crisis)
• Liver disease
• You are elderly and your dose needs to be increased
Children and adolescents
Norvasc has not been studied in children under the age of 6 years. Norvasc should only be used for
hypertension in children and adolescents from 6 years to 17 years of age (see section 3).
For more information, talk to your doctor.
Other medicines and Norvasc
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines,
including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Norvasc may affect or be affected by other medicines, such as:
• ketoconazole, itraconazole (anti-fungal medicines)
• ritonavir, indinavir, nelfinavir (so called protease inhibitors used to treat HIV)
• rifampicin, erythromycin, clarithromycin (antibiotics)
• hypericum perforatum (St. John’s Wort)
• verapamil, diltiazem (heart medicines)
• dantrolene (infusion for severe body temperature abnormalities)
• tacrolimus, sirolimus, temsirolimus, and everolimus (medicines used to alter the way your
immune system works)
• simvastatin (cholesterol lowering medicine)
• cyclosporine (an immunosuppressant)
Istin may lower your blood pressure even more if you are already taking other medicines to treat
your high blood pressure.
Istin with food and drink
Grapefruit juice and grapefruit should not be consumed by people who are taking Istin. This is
because grapefruit and grapefruit juice can lead to an increase in the blood levels of the active
ingredient amlodipine, which can cause an unpredictable increase in the blood pressure lowering
effect of Norvasc
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
The safety of amlodipine in human pregnancy has not been established. If you think you might be
pregnant, or are planning to get pregnant, you must tell your doctor before you take Norvasc.
Amlodipine has been shown to pass into breast milk in small amounts. If you are breast-feeding
or about to start breast-feeding you must tell your doctor before taking Istin.
Page 3 of 7
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Driving and using machines
Istin may affect your ability to drive or use machines. If the tablets make you feel sick, dizzy or
tired, or give you a headache, do not drive or use machines and contact your doctor immediately.
Norvasc contains sodium
This medicine contains less than 1 mmol sodium (23 mg) per tablet, that is to say essentially ‘sodium-free’
Side Effects of Norvasc 10mg
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Visit your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects after taking this
• Sudden wheeziness, chest pain, shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing
• Swelling of eyelids, face or lips
• Swelling of the tongue and throat which causes great difficulty breathing
• Severe skin reactions including intense skin rash, hives, reddening of the skin over your
whole body, severe itching, blistering, peeling and swelling of the skin, inflammation of
mucous membranes (Stevens Johnson Syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis) or other
• Heart attack, abnormal heart beat
• Inflamed pancreas which may cause severe abdominal and back pain accompanied with
feeling very unwell
The following very common side effect has been reported. If this causes you problems or if it
lastsfor more than one week, you should contact your doctor.
Very common: may affect more than 1 in 10 people
• Oedema (fluid retention)
The following common side effects have been reported. If any of these cause you problems or if
they last for more than one week, you should contact your doctor.
Common: may affect up to 1 in 10 people
• Headache, dizziness, sleepiness (especially at the beginning of treatment)
• Palpitations(awareness of your heart beat), flushing
• Abdominal pain, feeling sick (nausea)
• Altered bowel habits, diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion
• Tiredness, weakness
• Visual disturbances, double vision
• Muscle cramps
• Ankle swelling
Other side effects that have been reported include the following list. If any of these get serious, or
if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Uncommon: may affect up to 1 in 100 people
• Mood changes, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness
• Trembling, taste abnormalities, fainting
• Numbness or tingling sensation in your limbs, loss of pain sensation
• Ringing in the ears
• Low blood pressure
• Sneezing/running nose caused by inflammation of the lining of the nose (rhinitis)
• Dry mouth, vomiting (being sick)
Page 5 of 7
• Hair loss, increased sweating, itchy skin, red patches on skin, skin discolouration
• Disorder in passing urine, increased need to urinate at night, increased number of times of
• Inability to obtain an erection, discomfort or enlargement of the breasts in men
• Pain, feeling unwell
• Joint or muscle pain, back pain
• Weight increase or decrease
Rare: may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people
Very rare: may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people
• Decreased numbers of white blood cells, decrease in blood platelets which may result in
unusual bruising or easy bleeding
• Excess sugar in blood (hyperglycaemia)
• A disorder of the nerves which can cause muscular weakness, tingling or numbness
• Swelling of the gums
• Abdominal bloating (gastritis)
• Abnormal liver function, inflammation of the liver (hepatitis), yellowing of the skin
(jaundice), liver enzyme increase which may have an effect on some medical tests
• Increased muscle tension
• Inflammation of blood vessels, often with skin rash
• Sensitivity to light
• Disorders combining rigidity, tremor, and/or movement disorders
Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
• Trembling, rigid posture, mask-like face, slow movements and a shuffling, unbalanced
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible
side effects not listed in this leaflet
Product Ingredients of Norvasc 10mg
The active substance in Norvasc 10 mg tablets is amlodipine (as besilate).
The other ingredients are calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and sodium starch glycolate Type A
Patient Information Leaflet
This product requires a prescription from your Doctor.
Please follow the instruction received from the pharmacy on how to forward your prescription to the pharmacy after you have paid for the medicine.
A prescription drug is a pharmaceutical medication that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
To order this product you confirm that you are under the care of your doctor or consultant and have been given permission by them for purchase, fulfillment & use in treatment with their written consent
Delievry time are estimates. Can vary due to the time of day you order.
Delivery time estimate are subject to the courier company.
Shipping to Lagos cost starts from N1850 Next day delivery
Shipping to Rest Of Nigeria – 2-3 days cost starts from N2000
Shipping to Rest of Africa – 5-7 working days Cost starts from N12000
Shipping to Europe 7 – 14 working days Cost srats from N18000
Shipping to Rest of the world – 7 – 14 days Cost starts from N18000