Frequently Bought Together
- Additional information
- How to Use
- Product Details
- Side Effects
- Prescription Product
- How to store
Podophyllin Cream – Genital Warts Remover, 20g
Podophyllin Cream contains a medicine called podophyllotoxin, which is a plant extract that belongs to the group of medicines known as antivirals. Podophyllin Cream is used to treat genital warts. It can be used for warts on the penis in men or for external warts on the vagina in women.
Podophyllin is prescribed by doctors to treat genital warts. It’s a kind of medicine that you apply directly onto the wart and causes them to fall off within several weeks.
What are Genital Warts
Genital warts are an infection that can be passed on through vaginal and anal sex, sharing sex toys or by oral caressing.
Go to a sexual health clinic if you have:
- 1 or more painless growths or lumps around your vagina, penis or anus
- itching or bleeding from your genitals or anus
- a change to your normal flow of pee (for example, it’s begun to flow sideways) that does not go away
- a sexual partner who has genital warts, even if you do not have symptoms
These symptoms mean you may have genital warts. Go to a sexual health clinic to be checked.
Sexual health clinics are sometimes called genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics, or sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services.
Treatment can help remove warts and stop the infection from being passed on.
It may take weeks or months for treatment to work and warts may come back. In some people, the treatment does not work.
There’s no cure for genital warts, but it’s possible for your body to fight the virus over time.
Advice About Genital Warts
tell the doctor or nurse if you’re pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant, as some treatments will not be suitable for you
avoid perfumed soap, shower gel or bath products during treatment because these can irritate your skin
ask the doctor or nurse if your treatment will affect condoms, diaphragms or caps
do not use normal wart treatment products from a pharmacy
do not smoke; many treatments for genital warts work better if you do not smoke
do not have vaginal, anal or oral sex until the warts have gone; but if you do have sex, always use a condom
The genital warts virus can be passed on even when there are no visible warts.
Many people with the virus do not have symptoms but can still pass it on.
If you have genital warts, your current sexual partners should get tested because they may have warts and not know it.
After you get the infection, it can take weeks to many months before symptoms appear.
YOU CAN GET GENITAL WARTS FROM:
- skin-to-skin contact, including vaginal and anal sex
- sharing sex toys
- oral sex, but this is rare
The virus can also be passed to a baby from its mother during birth, but this is rare.
YOU CANNOT GET GENITAL WARTS FROM:
- sharing things like towels, cutlery, cups or toilet seats
You can stop genital warts from being passed on by:
- using a condom every time you have vaginal, anal or oral sex – but if the virus is in any in skin that’s not protected by a condom, it can still be passed on
- not having sex while you’re having treatment for genital warts
- not sharing sex toys; if you do share them, wash them or cover them with a new condom before anyone else uses them
WHY GENITAL WARTS COME BACK
Genital warts are caused by a virus called human papillomavirus (HPV). There are many types of HPV.
The HPV virus can stay in your skin and warts can develop again.
Warts may go away without treatment, but this may take many months. You can still pass the virus on, and the warts may come back.
Genital warts are not cancer and do not cause cancer.
Can someone who is pregnant or breastfeeding use Podophyllin Cream?
This product is not suitable for pregnant or breast feeding women.
Podophyllin Cream Reviews
After using Podophyllin Cream, it’s helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received have helped the condition it is claimed for, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is the price of Podophyllin Cream in Nigeria?
The price of Podophyllin Cream is N3200
Where can you buy Podophyllin Cream In Nigeria?
You can Buy Podophyllin Cream at Asset Pharmacy Lagos Nigeria, Nigeria’s Largest Online Pharmacy.
Podophyllin Cream is a prescription drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
To order this product you confirm that you are under the care of your doctor or consultant and have been given permission by them for purchase, fulfillment & use in treatment with their written consent.
You will be required to send Asset Pharmacy your prescription
How to Use
How to use Podophyllin Cream
Always use Podophyllin Cream exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Using Podophyllin Cream
• Apply Podophyllin Cream twice a day, in the morning and evening (every 12 hours) for 3 days.
• Do not apply any cream for the next 4 days. This completes one treatment course.
• When you apply Warticon cream, after two or three days you may notice mild irritation of the areas treated.
This shows that Podophyllin Cream is starting to work. However, Podophyllin Cream can cause severe skin reactions. If this occurs, stop using Warticon Cream and seek medical attention. See ‘Possible side effects’ in section 4 for further information.
• If you still have any warts remaining 7 days after you started using the cream, repeat the treatment course
(twice a day for 3 days followed by 4 days where you do not use the cream).
• A maximum of 4 treatment courses may be applied.
• If any warts remain after 4 treatment courses consult your doctor.
How to apply Podophyllin Cream
1. Wash the affected areas with soap and water. Dry the area gently with a clean towel.
2. Using a fingertip, apply Warticon Cream to cover each wart. Use only enough cream to cover each wart.
3. Rub the cream into the wart. Be careful not to get the cream onto healthy skin. If this happens, wash the cream off with soap and water.
4. Wash your hands thoroughly.
5. Make sure you have screwed the lid back on tightly.
If you get Podophyllin Cream in your eyes or if you swallow it
• If you get Podophyllin Cream in your eye, rinse the eye thoroughly with water and talk to your doctor.
• If you accidentally get Podophyllin Cream in your mouth, rinse at once with water.
• If you accidentally swallow some of the cream see your doctor or go to hospital straight away. Take the tube of cream with you so that the doctor knows what you have swallowed.
If you use more Podophyllin Cream than you should
If you accidentally use too much cream, wash the cream from the treatment area immediately and see a doctor.
If you forget to use Podophyllin Cream
Apply Podophyllin Cream as soon as you remember. If it is nearly time for your next dose, wait until then. Do not use a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Podophyllin Cream Product Information
What you need to know before you use Podophyllin Cream
Do not use Podophyllin Cream if:
• you are allergic (hypersensitive) to podophyllotoxin or any of the other ingredients of Podophyllin Cream
• your warts are on areas of broken/damaged or bleeding skin
• you are already using another medicine containing podophyllotoxin.
Warnings and Precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine if:
• your warts cover an area bigger than 4 centimetres (approximately the size of a postage stamp). You may need to have this medicine applied by a nurse/doctor in a clinic.
Podophyllin Cream is only to be used on the affected skin. Do not take Podophyllin Cream by mouth.
Do not apply Podophyllin Cream to warts on the inside of the penis, vagina or rectum. Podophyllin Cream should only be applied to warts on the outside (external) skin.
Avoid applying Podophyllin Cream to the healthy skin surrounding the wart.
Avoid getting Podophyllin Cream in your eyes as it may cause irritation. If you accidentally get Podophyllin Cream in your eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and see a doctor.
Do not put a dressing (such as a plaster) over the top of the area treated with Podophyllin Cream.
Check with your doctor if you think any of these may apply to you
What to avoid while using Podophyllin Cream
• It is advisable to avoid sex during treatment with Podophyllin Cream. You should wait until your warts have gone and your skin has healed
• Genital warts are contagious. You can give them to, or get them from, a sexual partner.
If you do have sex, you must use a condom to help prevent the spread of genital warts and to protect your partner from coming into contact with podophyllotoxin (since it is irritant).
Other medicines and Podophyllin Cream
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using any other medicines, have recently used, or might use other medicines. This includes medicines bought without a prescription.
The use of Podophyllin Cream is not recommended for children under 18 years as use in this age has not been established.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Podophyllin Cream is not recommended for use during pregnancy.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
• Use a reliable method of contraception to prevent pregnancy, while you are using Podophyllin Cream
• If you do become pregnant during treatment with Podophyllin Cream, tell your doctor.
Breast-feeding is not recommended during treatment with Podophyllin Cream. Discuss with your doctor
whether you choose to breast-feed or to use podophyllotoxin.
Important information about some of the ingredients in Podophyllin Cream
Podophyllin Cream contains butyl hydroxyanisole (E320), sorbic acid, stearyl and cetyl alcohols which may cause local skin reactions (e.g.contact dermatitis). Butyl hydroxyanisole may also cause irritation to the eyes and mucous membranes.
Podophyllin Cream also contains methyl and propyl parahydroxybenzoates, E218 and E216, which may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
Side Effects of Podophyllin Cream
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Podophyllin Cream can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop using Podophyllin Cream and seek medical attention:
• severe burning, stinging, pain, bleeding, itching or swelling of the treated skin. If these symptoms occur, wash Podophyllin Cream from your skin with soap and water immediately.
Contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Very common side effects
These may affect more than 1 in 10 people:
• wearing away of the top layers of skin, application site irritation including redness, itching, burning sensation
Other side effects with frequencies that cannot be estimated from the available data include:
• allergic reaction, pain, swelling, bleeding
• damage to or loss of the top layer of skin, weeping wound
• skin ulcer, scab, skin discoloration, dry skin, blister.
These effects can occur on the area of skin where you use the cream.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
Podophyllin Cream Product Ingredients
The active substance is podophyllotoxin 0.15% w/w (1.5 miligram per gram of Podophyllin Cream).
• The other ingredients are: purified water, methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), sorbic acid, phosphoric acid, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, isopropyl myristate, liquid paraffin, trigylcerides – medium chain, butyl hydroxyanisole (E320), macrogol – 7 stearyl ether, macrogol – 10 stearyl ether
This product requires a prescription from your Doctor.
Please follow the instruction received from the pharmacy on how to forward your prescription to the pharmacy after you have paid for the medicine.
A prescription drug is a pharmaceutical medication that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
To order this product you confirm that you are under the care of your doctor or consultant and have been given permission by them for purchase, fulfillment & use in treatment with their written consent
Delievry time are estimates. Can vary due to the time of day you order.
Delivery time estimate are subject to the courier company.
Shipping to Lagos cost starts from N1850 Next day delivery
Shipping to Rest Of Nigeria – 2-3 days cost starts from N2000
Shipping to Rest of Africa – 5-7 working days Cost starts from N12000
Shipping to Europe 7 – 14 working days Cost srats from N18000
Shipping to Rest of the world – 7 – 14 days Cost starts from N18000
How to store
How to store Podophyllin Cream
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Do not use Podophyllin Cream after the expiry date which is stated on the tube and carton (after “EXP:”).
The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Warticon Cream does not require any special storage conditions.
• Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help protect the environment.